I had a regularly scheduled post for today of pretty pictures and things that I wanted to share, but I'm sorry, this story below blows my mediocre post out of the water!
After taking the dog on a walk this morning with my man, we came home to some incredible news. One of my friends, Jessica, and her husband Dan, who were our leaders for our young married's group over the past couple of years in San Diego, found out they are pregnant this morning. If you know their story, this is an absolute miracle. And not just pregnant, but with TWINS. And they are in the process of adopting a little baby from Africa that will arrive next spring! :)
A little bit about them... Dan is a firefighter, and Jessica is a fitness boot-camp instructor for brides-to-be. Jessica and I were in a women's Bible study over the past couple of years, and all of us girls watched her cry tears of pain and sorrow over not being able to conceive a baby. Her and Dan have amazing hearts and to watch your friends go through something so difficult & completely out of their control is absolutely devastating. They also went through other numerous despairing life-changing events over the last couple of years that left them questioning where God went, even though they knew that He was there all the time and hadn't left them.
Read below for their amazing story, from Jessica's Fit to Wed Blog. I have no doubt that you will be amazed by God's faithfullness & stunned like all of us are. Absolutely amazing.
Lot of Babies on the Way :)
from Jessica Thomas, of Fit to Wed
God heard our cries ...and answered our prayers...and was faithful to provide... a little one inside... Miracles do Happen!
- In the spring God told me that I should stop taking all my medications, supplements, and crazy fertility diets! God wanted me to put my hope and faith in the Lord not on these drugs or on my own efforts, so that when I got pregnant He would be Glorified. It was really hard for me, but in faith I did. I was reluctant to let go of the last prescription drugs to start ovulation, but in faith I stopped taking it.
- You probably think I've completely lost my mind, but listen to this. A few month ago, I praying about how I should tell Dan when I am pregnant. He told me I should say this "God heard our cries ...and answered our prayers...and was faithful to provide... a little one inside... Miracles do Happen!"
Lead me to make this shirt. I was not pregnant, but did it in faith anyway.
- God has been telling me I'm pregnant since August 10th, but every test I took came up negative. Dan thinks I'm either crazy or pregnant.
- Everyday in my prayer time the Lord says "I'm pregnant", even though the tests say "not pregnant" only 1 line, I went to get a blood test anyway.
- Praise the Lord...my doctor called and said I was pregnant! I got to wear the shirt to tell Dan. He has always wanted to be a dad :)
- Doctors have told me I would need infertility treatment to get pregnant, so it really is a miracle.
Box I wrapped the results in to tell Dan
- Due date is April 2012
Our first OB appointment
- On 8/18 God also said I'm having twins. Ultrasound is this morning :) Check Facebook to find out the results.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support during this difficult season in our life.
After sowing tears, there really is an abundant harvest of Joy.
Praise the Lord!
We are so happy that our adopted baby will have siblings close in age :)
I feel great & just LOVE being pregnant :)